Podcast Episode: the Nova Scotia Lighthouse Route to Peggy’s Cove and beyond
Our fourth podcast episode is here! We had a great time exploring Halifax (check out podcast Episode 2) and then had an epic road trip along the Bay of Fundy (Episode 3). After that, we headed south to follow the Nova Scotia Lighthouse Route. This gorgeous road trip is a must when you visit the Halifax area.
Be sure to check out our full article all about the Best Things To Do in Nova Scotia!!
In this episode…
- 1:00 – What is the Lighthouse Route?
- 3:00 – Duncan’s Cove and what you’ll find, including the Chebucto Lighthouse
- 3:45 – Peggy’s Cove – the must-visit fishing village super close to Halifax – LEAVE EARLY to arrive before tour buses
- 8:20 – Mahone Bay – basically the cutest maritime town, looks like it’s straight out of Practical Magic
- 9:45 – Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site – colorful fishing town, U-Pick blueberries and cranberries (Check out Long Beach WA for Upick info here in the PNW)
- 13:00 – local brewing in Lunenburg at Shipwright Brewing Company and local shopping, and chowder… (check out our St Augustine restaurants post to hear about Chris’s chowder love)
- 16:00 – whale watching out of Lunenburg – check here for season dates
- 17:00 – Bonus find: Feltzen South – colorful boat and beach, near Oven’s Natural Park
- 19:00 – Blue Rocks fishing village – stay at the lighthouse and kayak through the coves – will find info to share soon!
- 22:15 – tips for researching restaurant/food recommendations when you travel
- 26:45 – our remaining Nova Scotia bucket list
What do you want to hear about from us on our podcast? Please leave us a comment below or send us a note with your questions and what you’d like to hear. We are excited to share!
What you'll find...