In this podcast episode we’re chatting about why we love Saint Augustine, Florida. It’s the oldest city in the USA and it full of interesting, fun things to do, as well as some really wonderful restaurants that truly characterize Florida. We’ve been looking forward to our St Augustine podcast for a while!
Be sure to check out our full article all about the best things to do in St Augustine!!
In this episode: Best of Saint Augustine, FL
- 1:00 – reasons we love Saint Augustine
- 2:00 – Castillo de San Marcos National Monument – incredible old Spanish fort DOWNTOWN w/ cannons and bastions – full blog post here
- 5:00 – Pirate and Treasure Museum – history and movie memorabilia
- 6:15 – Colonial Quarter and St George Street – awesome living history in St Augustine, cool walking tours
- 8:20 – Ghost Tours in Saint Augustine – Book Ghosts & Gravestones or Spirits With the Spirits here!
- 10:45 – Flagler College – so beautiful and incredible Tiffany windows – a MUST DO!
- 13:30 – Lightner Museum – have lunch in a swimming pool
- 14:00 – Old Jail with kids – creepy and cool, not good with small/sensitive kids
- 14:45 – the original Fountain of Youth – we drank the water… did we get older?
- 15:30 – trolley tours for exploring historic Saint Augustine sites – book Old Town Trolley Tours or Red Train Tours here!
- 16:30 – Restaurant recommendations in downtown Saint Augustine – Check out our complete article about the Best Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Taberna del Caballo – great Spanish/Cuban food – good value
- Spanish Bakery – empenadas and datil pepper sauce
- 19:45 – Minorcan Cuisine – coming from Majorca and Menorca – Chris LOVES the chowders
- 21:00 – the Columbia Restaurant – top pick in old town St Augustine
- 25:00 – Chatsworth Pub – perfect spot to hang out off the marina
Can you tell that we are never bored and always tired at the end of the day when we visit St Augustine? It’s incredible. For more recommendations, be sure you look at our articles about our favorite restaurants in St Augustine as well as our top picks for unique accommodations and hotels in St Augustine.
What do you want to hear about from us on our podcast? Please leave us a comment below or send us a note with your questions and what you’d like to hear. We are excited to share!
What you'll find...
Rob Taylor is the founder of 2TravelDads, the original LGBT Family Travel blog. Focusing on ecotourism and education, 2TravelDads inspires LGBT families (and traditional families also) to go beyond their usual getaways and use travel to learn about and be part of a bigger world. “Traveling the globe and giving the kids a broad worldview.”